Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Pre Production Major Project: Test Shoot Research

Test shoots are very important for productions, as they will help us be very prepared for the actual shoot (where time is limited). After researching on key components to a shoot, I came across this video that will help me think of all the important aspects in the test shoot:



This video is suggesting vital components when preparing a shoot including last minute preparations, shooting techniques and how to direct a crew. I am going to show my crew this video as I believe it will help everyone in their different roles (mainly Chris and camera crew). 

The 180 degree wall is very important for both Chris and I as we don't want to cross the line and confuse the audience. We want to keep a constant perspective for the viewers, so the camera set up and test shots will be key to not making this mistake.

It also explains the length of different shots, even using "a wedding scene" as the example of a "longer slow paced event" which is what I will be doing for our wedding scene. On the other hand, I will be using shorter fast paced cuts for the football scenes, so I need to practice both styles in the test shoot.

The main points I've taken from this video are the directing tips. It has made me realise how much communication is needed when shooting, a loud voice with clear commands is vital. I am going to take these points on board and practice them on test shoots so I can perfect my style before the actual filming.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment