Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Major Project: Editing the script

During the shoot I had to edit certain parts of the script as I've realised that it doesn't always work on screen like it does on paper. For example I changed the girl being hit by a ball, to a guy having a wee against a tree instead. I chose this for many reasons, one being the fact it would be difficult to film a young girl being hit by a ball, this could hurt her and get us in serious trouble. Secondly, I believe having someone urinating in the bushes and then getting hit will add more comedy value to the scene as it's less serious.

There were certain lines I changed slightly too as I believe this helped the story, as well as the actors performances. One example would be Deans lines when he's comforting Nath after being beat up by the Strood lads. There are certain parts of that dialogue that were too "wordy" and "tongue-twisters" especially for Malik (playing Dean) who struggled to deliver at times. I took it upon myself to edit the script slightly in his favour, but maintained the story as well as the tone of the scene.

These tweaks and changes are exactly what directing programmes is all about. The script could be the most exciting and talented one to read, but sometimes it can be too long or not sound right when it's being filmed with a cast and crew


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment